Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pick A Winner

So I got an email from my boss this morning at 6:45am, asking me to attend a 9am meeting I didn't even know about with our client. I had to haul ass to get ready, but I was excited because I was being called in to talk about something I had worked hard on. I wanted to look good, so I put on my best big boy clothes (including my big boy shoes!) and got just about as dolled up as I could get. Baby even commented that I looked put together, so I was feeling good about myself.

I stepped out onto the sidewalk in front of our building, and made for the Metro. On my way I pass an older apartment building that seems to be home to a lot of young people, mostly hipster gay guys and lots of very cute woman. Sure enough, there is a very pretty girl walking my way. She gets within maybe fifteen feet before she makes eye contact. Then, in the very next instant, she sticks her finger, knuckle deep, into her nose. This wasn't some ill-fated clandestine effort to take care of a creeper or anything. She was digging, vigorously.

Gross, right?

But wait, there are greater implications here. Picking your nose in public is generally frowned upon, right? And people don't do it because they don't want to look bad in front of other people, right? And I don't know about you, but my feelings about those sorts of things are typically magnified when I'm in the presence of attractive people. It's largely subconcious, but I'm sure I try to carry myself a little better when I'm around good looking or otherwise desirable people. I think we have this tendency (especially if you're as insecure as I am) where we want to demonstrate that we, too, are attractive.

This woman, who was more attractive than me on pretty much any scale you could create, felt that I'm so goddamn banged up that she doesn't even need to disguise the fact that she has some class of booger problem. Oh him? I don't care if that guy sees me picking my nose. I was devastated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same logic by which I should attempt to understand why Britney Spears does not seem to mind me seeing her vagina three times in one week? Damn, all this time I've been laughing at her - I never realized it was actually a statement about ME.

bryc3 said...

exactly!

although i have to admit, her seemingly careless (and awesome) display of her nono parts pretty much assures she doesn't care who the hell sees it.

btw, baby sent me the most recent round of those pictures, while i was at work no less. god, i love this woman.

btw part two, guaranteed extra hits now from people googling "Britney Spears" + vagina. much obliged.