Monday, July 25, 2005

The Plot (To Burn Down My Office) Thickens

This is turning into the "I hate my job" blog and I'm not going to let that happen. But one last update and then no more for a while. It's driving me crazy as it is.

We had a meeting Friday at 4 (who has meetings at 4 on a Friday?) and my product got absorbed into the larger team. This means that I have to train them on my product and they have to train me on theirs. This also means that the hierarchy established for my product, including the senior position recently vacated by J, has been eliminated. The one saving grace here is that I am the lone remaining 'expert' on my product, so I have some leverage. This might give me a chance to at least demonstrate to the rest of the team that I am not a complete idiot, and that might help when I finally transfer out.

I started my job in March, and in that time I have had three different bosses and three different job objectives. Nice.

Ok, no more bitching about work.

4 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

Remember when you were so excited you got the job? :(

bryc3 said...

I do, hard to believe that was only four months ago. The sad part is that I like this place, I just don't like this Mickey Mouse department.

I'd leave if something better came along, but I am finally about to get all my health insurance stuff squared away (posting about that soon), and I don't want to deal with this shit all over again.

Lady Tiara said...

sorry. this all blows. at least you are the expert in your area, so they need you. how many times can they reorganize your company in a month? my first job out of college was sort of like that. i had 4 different bosses in about 14 months. one of them just disappeared. they hired him, he did nothing (usually had the comics page spread out on his desk, when he showed up), and then one day he was just gone. apparently, someone came in early that morning and found a note from him taped to the door. he basically quit with no notice. that place was hell.

bryc3 said...

even jesus reads my blog, and he spams it to. i guess i have finally arrived.