Monday, January 22, 2007

Brief Updates: Now With More Fiancé

The people who read this blog who are most likely to care about the details of the weekend were probably there to witness it, so I won't bore anyone with sappy romance. But Baby and I got engaged over the weekend. She was completely surprised and, from what I can tell, very happy. I owe a lot to you guys for helping me out. Thank you all.

To make a long story short, I asked her to marry me just outside our apartment, after running errands on Friday evening. When we opened the door to our place, Baby found her closest girlfriends there to surprise her. It was very sweet.

People have been asking about a date for the wedding, and we haven't set one yet. We're almost positive it will be Fall 2008, but I guess there is an outside possibility it will be Spring 2008. We have to buy an overpriced condo first. I need to remind myself to blog about that search. Hilarity abounds.

We went out to DC9 after our little engagement party on Friday. When we left at 1am everything was still calm, but soon afterward a seventeen-year-old girl was shot and killed in the go-go club across the street. That can't be a good omen. Idiots on the DC Council are considering a ban on underage kids at nightclubs serving alcohol. I'm furious about that, and I'll definitely blog about it soon.

But perhaps my favorite part of the weekend came on Saturday. We were sitting around, working off hangovers. I was reading some internets about the snow, and I turned to Baby and said, "Looks like we're going to get one to two inches in DC."

She deadpans, with perfect timing, "Big deal, I get that all the time in DC."

I love this woman.

4 comments:

Lady Tiara said...

lord kissington and i would like to register our hurt feelings. baby's "closest girlfriends"? aren't i your friend too? and what about lord kissington and ward? are they girls now? honestly, dood, it's like you don't know anything about us.

bryc3 said...

but dood, it sounds a lot less romantic when i say, 'and i invited some of my boys over and we got drunk and played guitar hero.'

thanks for ruining the illusion i was trying to create. why don't you just blow everything out of the water and tell them that baby is actually make believe? they're bound to find out eventually.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations man! She really does sound amazing and/or make believe.

bryc3 said...

thanks plash. while i wish that her spending habits were make-believe, sadly they're actually real as can be.

i should start selling nekkid pictures of her on the interwebs to compensate.